Guardian Emergency Water Powered Backup Sump Pump
by A.Y. McDonald
When the power goes out, the Guardian takes over! Protect your property during power outages or sump pump failure with the Guardian Emergency Water Powered Backup Sump Pump. Whether your sump crock is in or near a home, hotel, school, hospital, or computer or record storage room, you can count on this system's patented activation valve to start the backup pump working when your primary sump pump stops.
- Patented activation valve for Positive ON, Positive OFF
- Designed for intermittent or continuous use
- Supplied with single check valve for your convenience
- McDonald Hydro Drive optimizes performance
- Applicable for all backup de-watering situations
- 1-1/4" PVC Sch.80 (IPS) discharge
- 3/4" FNPT INLET
- Minimum water temperature 32°F
- Minimum pressure 29 PSI, maximum pressure 90 PSI
- Made with high quality brass and PVC materials for corrosion resistance
Guardian Emergency Water Powered Backup Sump Pump = $447.95
How This Backup Sump Pump Works
- The float switch detects high water levels
- The activation valve responds to the float switch and starts the pump
- Drive water from city water supply enters the pump
- Pressurized city water flows into the nozzle
- The nozzle converts this water into high velocity
- This high velocity creates a vacuum at the top of the nozzle
- The vacuum draws water from the sump through the suction screen
- The water flows up into the discharge pipe - thus removed from the sump
NOTE: This system is designed to function as a backup sump pump. A primary sump pump is still required for normal function. Additionally, sump water can contain high levels of dangerous contaminants. Because the Guardian system must be connected directly to the primary water supply to function as intended, you must install a backflow prevention device that meets the standards set by your local plumbing code authorities. Some municipalities may also require a 3/4" double check valve be installed with the system. It is best to consult with your local plumbing and health code authorities about these and other possible requirements before purchasing or installing the Guardian Emergency Water Powered Backup Sump Pump.
Related Items & Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "Do I really need a backup sump pump?"
A.That is a question only you can answer. We recommend a backup sump pump system for anyone who keeps valuable documents or belongings in a basement or ground floor room that might flood during heavy rains or other wet weather situations. The Guardian Emergency Backup Sump Pump is designed to take over when your primary pump experiences failure, such as during a storm when the power goes out, which unfortunately may be the time you most need sump pumping to prevent flooding in your home or place of business.
Q. "Is this backup sump pump reliable?"
A. We have been selling plumbing products online since 1995 and strive to offer only the best quality products to our customers, so you can rest assured you're getting a good value. The Guardian system is made by A.Y. McDonald, a well-known and respected company that specializes in pumps and related plumbing products. As most people are aware, however, the life and functionality of your pump can be greatly extended by proper installation and regular maintenance. We suggest you have your Guardian system inspected and turned on for a few minutes before each rainy season to ensure everything is ok.
Please note: While we strive to ensure every product we label as "Made in the USA" really is 100% made in the USA, it is also important to understand that sometimes manufacturers make changes to their products, or for various reasons may receive components or materials that they would normally purchase domestically from an overseas supplier - and they don't necessarily let distributors (like us!) know that they've changed something about the product or where it is manufactured.
If you receive a product that PlumbingSupply.com® says is "Made in the USA" and the product states it was manufactured elsewhere, please contact us. We will happily replace or refund your purchase to your satisfaction.
return to top ↑