Water Heater Drain Pumps
Looking for a powerful, portable water heater drain pump? Look no further than here. We offer the heavy-duty, 1/2 horse power transfer pump which is perfect for draining water heaters. We also offer the 12 volt battery operated pump for use in remote locations or emergencies when normal electricity is not available. These light-weight, multi-duty pumps can be used for many other water transfer applications, and their reliable performance will ensure the job gets done right.
Light-Weight, Heavy-Duty Portable Transfer Pump
Perfect for Draining Water Heaters
This portable utility pump is a convenient, easy-to-use portable transfer pump for moving water from one location to another with a maximum fluid temperature of 135°F. It is an excellent pump for draining water heaters for maintenance sediment flushing, tank inspection or replacement. Typical applications include general water transfer, pool cover drainage, filling livestock tanks, boosting water pressure by up to 40 lbs., draining water heaters, and emptying water beds.
115Volt AC, 1/2HP, 8Amps, 60Hz, 7500RPM, and only 10.5LBS
View Performance Curve
This portable transfer pump features:
- Maximum fluid temperature of 135°F - perfect for draining water heaters
- One-piece, corrosion-resistant cast aluminum pump and motor housing
- Lightweight (only 10.5lbs) with convenient integral handle make this a great portable pump
- Transfers up to 1400 gallons per hour (GPH)
- Durable epoxy powder coat finish
- 20' heavy-duty power cord with ground
- Convenient On/Off switch
- 3/4" brass garden hose connectors and suction screen
- Glass reinforced thermoplastic impeller with molded brass nut
- Permanently lubricated, maintenance free ball bearings
- Large prime plug with internal funnel design for easy priming
- Easily accessible motor brushes can be replaced in minutes with just a screwdriver
- Powerful 1/2hp non-submersible motor with a maximum discharge head of 105'
- Maximum suction lift of 15'
- Delivers up to 40 pounds of pressure
- View specifications
- Proudly made in the USA
Heavy-Duty Water Heater Drain Pump = $230.78
Please Note: This pump is not intended to pump chemicals or flammable liquids and is nonsubmersible
Battery Powered Transfer Pump
12-Volt DC Non-Submersible, Self-Priming Transfer Pump For Dewatering
This lightweight, self-priming, portable pump with stainless steel pump head can be used to quickly drain water heaters, transfer water to an RV, pump out boat bilges, pump out stock tanks, and in other applications where water needs to be transferred. Intermittent duty is 15 minutes "ON" and 45 minutes "OFF".
12 volt battery power pump
This battery powered transfer pump features:
- Self priming for instant delivery or de-watering up to 6'
- Non-submersible plated brass pump body
- Rugged metallic handle for easy portability
- Dual threaded intake and discharge with both 3/4" male garden hose thread and 3/8" FNPT (female national pipe thread)
- 1/10 HP, 12V DC, 7Amps
- 300 GPH @ 1' of Head
- Power Cord: 7' with battery clips
- Lightweight - weighs only 4.25 lbs
- Shut-off head - 46 feet (maximum vertical height it will pump)
12-Volt DC Portable Utility Pump $132.48
Hot Water Hose
- Made of industrial-style reinforced rubber
- Can withstand temperatures up to 180°F
- Made of industrial-style reinforced rubber
- 5/8" inside diameter x 7/8" outside diameter
- 500 PSI burst pressure
- Extra durable crush proof couplings
- 3/4" garden hose fittings - 1 male & 1 female
- Great for use in: commercial duty, farm equipment, home or business
Related Items & Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "Why would I need a water heater drain pump?"
A. Any plumber will benefit from having one of these water heater drain pumps because they would save time and money by not having to wait for their customer's water heater to drain before repairing/replacing it. These water heater drain pumps are also great for those with vacation homes who need to drain their water heater before leaving. This pump can drain a 40-50 gallon water heater in just a few minutes, versus waiting for the water heater to drain by gravity.
Please note: While we strive to ensure every product we label as "Made in the USA" really is 100% made in the USA, it is also important to understand that sometimes manufacturers make changes to their products, or for various reasons may receive components or materials that they would normally purchase domestically from an overseas supplier - and they don't necessarily let distributors (like us!) know that they've changed something about the product or where it is manufactured.
If you receive a product that PlumbingSupply.com® says is "Made in the USA" and the product states it was manufactured elsewhere, please contact us. We will happily replace or refund your purchase to your satisfaction.
return to top ↑