Under Counter Drinking Water Filter Systems
Single and Dual Stage Under-Sink Filtration
Imagine water that doesn't taste like your local swimming pool! Make everything you eat and drink that you use water for taste far better with these wonderful undercounter filtering systems by American Plumber®, and 3M Aqua-Pure®. These high quality filtering systems reduce the levels of a huge number of contaminants that many people are not even aware exist in their water supply. Cleaner water is yours with superior undercounter filtration systems brought to you by PlumbingSupply.com®.
Under Counter Water Filter System
This dual stage filter system features:
- Ready to install filter system brings the convenience of filtered drinking water to your kitchen
- Includes a filter faucet for dispensing
- Installation hardware kit is included for ease of installation.
- Rated at .6gpm at 60psi, this system flows at just the right rate for filling a refreshing glass of water
- Unlike RO systems, no storage tank or recovery time is needed
- 1 micron rating for excellent filtration
- Designed to accommodate water pressure in the range of 30-120psi, and water temperatures in the range of 40°-100°F
This dual-stage drinking water system delivers clear, clean, fresh-tasting water for drinking and cooking. Flow controlled filtration ensures a long "contact" time with the activated carbon cartridges for superior results, making this an ideal system for not only filtered drinking water, but also for icemakers, water coolers, or anywhere else you want to improve the taste and odor of your water. The included cartridges, according to the manufacturer, will typically filter up to 1,000 gallons of water before needing replacement, though please note the actual quantity will vary depending on your particular water conditions. This is about one year's usage for an average family of four but, if you can afford it, we recommend changing the cartridges more frequently at about every 6-9 months to get top, peak performance from the carbon (recommended for all brands of carbon).
Note: When installing these 2 replacement filters for the #WTOS-100, install the small particle filter first (with green caps) and then the larger particle filter next (looks like gray plastic).
Model #AP-DWS1000 - Undercounter dual stage drinking water system
Features & Benefits:
- Dual stage carbon filtration
- Automatic shut off after 625 gallons as a reminder to change filter
- Reduces lead, chlorine, cysts, dirt, rust, bad tastes, & odors from water
- Installs on the cold water line at the point-of-use
- Includes installation hardware, polished chrome faucet, and pipe connections
- Conforms to public health requirements for water purification
- Conveniently installs on the cold water line under the kitchen sink
- Micron rating: .5 microns (Tip: The lower the micron rating the more particles the water filter will trap)
- Flow Rate: .5 GPM max
- Max Temperature: 100°F
- Max Pressure: 125PSI
- Inlet/Outlet Size: 1/4" tubing
- Includes APDW80/90 filter cartridge set
Model #DW-600 - Deluxe Drinking Water Filter System
This drinking water filtration system features:
- Under-sink drinking water system
- Reduces lead, cryptosporidium cysts, giardia cysts, lindane, atrazine, chlorine taste and odor, bad taste and odor, and sediment
- A single compact quick-change cartridge
- Includes all installation hardware, easy to install and change cartridge
- Works with copper, plastic or flexible tubing
- 500 gallon capacity
- Includes filter head with built-in bracket, 600R disposable filter, 2 mounting screws, water supply adapter, drinking water faucet, fittings, 1/4" plastic tubing and instructions
- Tested and certified by NSF International to ANSI/NSF Standard 42 for the reduction of Taste and Odor, Chlorine Class I, and Particulate Class I. Std 53 for the reduction of Cyst, Lead, Lindane, Atrazine and Turbidity
- Micron Rating: 0.5
- Operating Pressure (psi): 30-125
- Operating Temperature: 40-100°F
- Dimension: 3" x 3" x 13-1/2"
Related Items & Accessories:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "When should I change my filter?"
A. According to the manufacturer, these filters will work for about 1 year (1000 gallons). However, we recommend replacing that you replace your filters every 6 to 9 months for peak performance. Carbon filters absorb chemicals like a sponge, and once saturated the carbon can no longer absorb any more chemicals and must be disposed of. For other replacement filters, click here.
Q. "What is a micron rating?"
A. The average size of the openings between pieces of the filter media are represented in microns. For example, a 40-micron filter has larger openings than a 5-micron filter. Consequently, the 40-micron filter element will let larger particles pass through the filter than the 5-micron element. As a general rule, the smaller micron rating for a filter is better, but as with most everything, there is a trade-off. Flow capability usually drops off as the micron rating gets smaller.
return to top ↑