Under Counter Drinking Water Filter Systems
Single and Dual Stage Under-Sink Filtration
Imagine water that doesn't taste like your local swimming pool! Make everything you eat and drink that you use water for taste far better with these wonderful undercounter filtering systems by American Plumber®, and 3M Aqua-Pure®. These high quality filtering systems reduce the levels of a huge number of contaminants that many people are not even aware exist in their water supply. Cleaner water is yours with superior undercounter filtration systems brought to you by PlumbingSupply.com®.
Under Counter Water Filter System
This dual stage filtration system features:
- Reduces sediment, bad taste, odor, chlorine, and other chemicals from water
- Ready to install filter system brings the convenience of filtered drinking water to your kitchen
- Includes a filter faucet for dispensing
- Installation hardware kit is included for ease of installation
- 1/4" quick connect inlet and outlet connections
- Rated at 0.5 gpm at 60 psi, this system flows at just the right rate for filling a refreshing glass of water
- Unlike RO systems, no storage tank or recovery time is needed, no water is wasted, and great tasting water is always ready on demand
- 0.5 micron rating for excellent filtration
- Designed to accommodate water pressure in the range of 30-120psi, and water temperatures in the range of 40°-100°F
- Suggested filter life: 12 months or 1000 gallons
- Electronic monitor lets you know when filter replacement is needed
- Dimensions: 9.18" W x 4.7" D x 12.72" H
This dual-stage drinking water system delivers clear, clean, fresh-tasting water for drinking and cooking. Flow controlled filtration ensures a long "contact" time with the activated carbon cartridges for superior results, making this an ideal system for not only filtered drinking water, but also for icemakers, water coolers, or anywhere else you want to improve the taste and odor of your water. The included cartridges, according to the manufacturer, will typically filter up to 1,000 gallons of water before needing replacement, though please note the actual quantity will vary depending on your particular water conditions. This is about one year's usage for an average family of four but, if you can afford it, we recommend changing the cartridges more frequently at about every 6-9 months to get top, peak performance from the carbon (recommended for all brands of carbon).
Note: When installing these 2 replacement filters for the #WLCS-1000, install the small particle filter(with green caps) into the first (inlet) canister and then the larger particle filter next (looks like gray plastic).
Related Items & Accessories:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "When should I change my filter?"
A. According to the manufacturer, these filters will work for about 1 year (1000 gallons). However, we recommend replacing that you replace your filters every 6 to 9 months for peak performance. Carbon filters absorb chemicals like a sponge, and once saturated the carbon can no longer absorb any more chemicals and must be disposed of. For other replacement filters, click here.
Q. "What is a micron rating?"
A. The average size of the openings between pieces of the filter media are represented in microns. For example, a 40-micron filter has larger openings than a 5-micron filter. Consequently, the 40-micron filter element will let larger particles pass through the filter than the 5-micron element. As a general rule, the smaller micron rating for a filter is better, but as with most everything, there is a trade-off. Flow capability usually drops off as the micron rating gets smaller.
return to top ↑