Sewer And Pipe Inspection
By Rycom Instruments
When in search of a method to trace the path of non-metallic pipes or locate blockage in a line, these Sewer and Pipe Inspection Systems by Rycom will make the task much easier. When sondes or video camera heads are inserted into a pipe or duct by means of a push rod, their location can quickly and easily be found by utilizing these highly-effective detector/receivers.
Detector/Receiver for Sewer and Pipe Inspection
This ergonomically designed and balanced detector/receiver is great for locating water lines, sewer lines, inspection cameras, and sondes. Three standard accessories are included with all 8872 packages: operation manual and locating basics video, "C" cell receiver batteries, and padded receiver carry case.
Receiver, Sonde, and Transmitter Shown
Note: transmitter and sonde are optional accessories included in their respective packages
Sonde, Camera, and Utility Locator for Sewer and Pipe Inspection
872 Locator/Receiver Shown
Standard Accessories Shown
Standard Accessories Included With All 8872 Packages
- This multi-frequency digital receiver detects sondes and inspection camera heads up to 20 feet away or 10 feet away (if there's cast iron interference)
- Designed to detect two active frequencies of 512Hz and 51kHz to allow accurate tracing of sondes, pipes, and inspection cameras
- Locates 50/60Hz passive frequency for the detection of live utilities without the use of a transmitter
- Designed to track any manufacturer's camera or sonde system operating on 512Hz.
- Changing tone levels give an audio indication of the strength of the signal
- Digital display is backlit to make reading in low-light easier
- weather proof membrane buttons makes receiver more durable
- Input frequency: 512Hz, 51kHz, and 50/60Hz
- Antenna mode: peak, null, and pin-point peak (when used with transmitter)
- Display indicators: backlit LCD bar graph, low battery, signal strength, mode and function indicators
- Audio indication: variable pitch response
- Current measurement: display indicates relative current
- Power source: disposable: 6 "C" batteries
- Battery life: continuous: 40 hours
- Signal strength: LCD bar graph & absolute signal strength readout
- Gain control: up/down for automatic centering and manual control
- Dynamic range: 126 dB
- Depth measurement: push-button readout to 15 feet or
manual triangulation method
- Operating temperature: -4° F to 133° F
- Click for dimensions
Optional Sonde Insert
Sonde Used to find leaks, blockage, and pinches in pipes
- These self-contained signal transmitters are used to trace the path of non-metallic pipes/conduits and locate line blockages/pinches/leaks in clay, cast iron and other non-conductive (and non-pressurized) structures
- Tone frequency: factory set frequency of 512Hz
- Depth: 10 feet in cast iron, 20 feet in the air
- Operating temperature: -4° F to 133° F
- Power source: 1 "AA" battery
- Battery life: 8 hours
- Size: 1.3" diameter x 3.7" length
- Weight: 4.6 oz
- Insert: 1/4" x 20 (threads per inch) female
- Insert adaptors: 3/8" x 16 (threads per inch) and 5/16" x 18 (threads per inch) male to female
8872-1W Transmitter Shown
- Puts a live frequency down phone, cable, and other lines
- Transmitter functions include: improved transmitter induction, automatic impedance matching when using the direct connection, and enables the use of the pin-point peak mode
- Powerful tracing signal is reliable for direct connection, transmitter and coupled induction
- Tone frequency: 512 Hz, 51 kHz
- Hook-up connection: direct connection, transmitter inductive
coupling, coupled induction
- Load matching: automatic from 5 ohms to 2000 ohms
- Output power:
- Max open circuit voltage: 30 V PK-PK AC
- Operating temperature: -4° F to +133° F
- Power source: 8 "C" batteries
- Battery life: greater than 36 hours
- Size: transmitter 8.5" x 5.8" x 2.5"
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
Standard accessories included with all packages: operation manual and locating basics video, "C" cell receiver batteries, and padded receiver carry case.
Please note: While we strive to ensure every product we label as "Made in the USA" really is 100% made in the USA, it is also important to understand that sometimes manufacturers make changes to their products, or for various reasons may receive components or materials that they would normally purchase domestically from an overseas supplier - and they don't necessarily let distributors (like us!) know that they've changed something about the product or where it is manufactured.
If you receive a product that PlumbingSupply.com® says is "Made in the USA" and the product states it was manufactured elsewhere, please contact us. We will happily replace or refund your purchase to your satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "What do I need to use the pin-point peak antenna mode?"
A. You need the 8872-1W transmitter to use the pin-point peak mode.
Q. "How do I know if the camera and utility locator will work with my camera system?"
A. The camera and utility locator is designed to work with camera systems that have a built in 512Hz frequency emitter. Most cameras work on the 512Hz frequency so the locator is compatible with most camera systems.
Q. "How do I use the locator with my camera system?"
A.Once the camera is put down the pipe and you have a visual of the block in the pipe, then you can use the locator to find exactly where the camera is in the pipe. The camera will be right next to the blockage in the pipe so it will also give you the location of the blockage too. The locator also gives you a digital readout of the depth of the camera.
return to top ↑