Pressure Balancing Valves
Help protect your family from accidental scalding
with a pressure balancing mixing valve for your shower or tub
We've all been in the shower and experienced the shock of suddenly freezing cold or burning hot water when someone else in our house or apartment building flushes the toilet or starts a load of dishes or laundry. A pressure-balancing valve can protect you and your loved ones from these pressure surges and the scalding they can sometimes cause. By automatically compensating for fluctuations in your hot/cold water delivery, these valves can help prevent burns from hot water and are perfect for families with young children or elderly family members whose skin is naturally more sensitive and easier to burn. With a variety of features to choose from, you're sure to find one that will fit your family's needs.
Single Control Pressure Balance Mixing Valves by Danze®
Keep your family protected from accidental scalding with these single control pressure balancing mixing valves. Designed to work with any of the Danze® single handle shower trim kits
, they feature an adjustable temperature limit so you can set the maximum temperature where you want. With a solid brass construction, these valves will provide years of worry-free performance.
These single control mixing valves feature:
- Reduces the risk of scalding so you and your loved ones can enjoy a worry-free shower or bath
- Temperature limit adjustment prevents the valve from being turned to excessively hot water temperatures and helps prevent burns
- Works with Danze® designer shower trim kits to complete your desired look
- Long-lasting, highly efficient ceramic disc valve
- Combination 1/2" copper sweat/IPS 4-port hook up and option of back-to-back installation makes it easy to install in almost any bathroom
- Includes mounting bracket and plaster guard
Origins™ Tub/Shower Mixing Valves by Symmons
Symmons Industries has long been known as a premier manufacturer of quality plumbing products, and their Temptrol® line of pressure-balancing mixing valves is no exception. These valves are constructed from solid brass, bronze and stainless steel for durability and strength, and the piston inside adjusts automatically to continually balance hot and cold water pressure and help prevent scalding - meaning you can enjoy a comfortable, relaxing shower every time.
These Symmons Origins™ mixing valves feature:
- Helps to prevent "shower shock" and burns from water that is too cold or too hot
- Temptrol® pressure balancing mixing valves
- Adjustable stop screw beneath cover to limit the handle from turning to excessively hot temperatures and reduce the risk of scalding
- Temperature markings on cover are easy for children or cognitively disabled persons to read and understand
- Solid brass, bronze, and stainless steel construction will last for years
- Durable, yet stylish chrome finish matches almost any décor
Visu-Temp® with Clear-Vue™ Mixing Valve by Symmons
Set the perfect temperature for any shower or bath every single time with the Visu-Temp with Clear-Vue pressure balancing mixing valve. Featuring a stylish, contemporary design, the Clear-Vue display lets you quickly and easily monitor water temperatures - while still enjoying the safety features and durability you've come to expect from Symmons products. The adjustable brass stop screw prohibits the valve handle from being set to excessively hot temperatures and the solid brass, bronze, and stainless steel construction means this mixing valve will last as long as your bathroom remains standing.
This pressure balancing mixing valve features:
- Relax in a perfect-temperature shower or bath every time with the easy to read temperature display
- Fully adjustable stop screw prevents handle from being turned to too hot temperatures and reduces the risk of scalding
- Stylish chrome or satin nickel finish with easy to grip lever handle
- Solid brass, bronze, and stainless steel construction for maximum trouble-free performance
- ADA Compliant when installed properly per the manufacturer's specifications
Visu-Temp® with Clear-Vue™ Mixing Valve - Chrome = $361.83
Visu-Temp® with Clear-Vue™ Mixing Valve - Satin Nickel = $559.48
Looking for a complete tub/shower faucet that uses the Visu-Temp®
mixing valve? Click here!
Water Dance® High-Flo™ Pressure Balancing Shower Valve by Symmons
Ensure that when someone in your household flushes a toilet, turns on a dishwasher or starts a load of laundry, you won't be burned or frozen out by a sudden change in water temperature with this High-Flo pressure balancing shower valve from Symmons. With a sleek, classy design you're not sacrificing style to enjoy the safety and performance of the Symmons line of anti-scald mixing valves. This pressure balance valve features the same trusted mechanism as the Temptrol, Temptrol II and Visu-Temp valves above to help prevent burns from water that is too hot. It's the perfect choice for homes with children or elderly family members, or anyone who wants a stylish, yet safe shower.
This pressure balancing mixing valve features:
- Help to keep your family safe from scalding while maintaining a stylish décor
- High-Flo™ system maintains a flow of almost 13 gallons per minute at 45 PSI (performance may vary according to plumbing system)
- Limit stop screw prohibits handle from being turned to excessively hot temperatures and helps prevent hot water burns
- Integral service stops allow water shut off at valve so you don't have to turn the water off to your entire bathroom for service
- Solid brass, bronze, and stainless steel construction for strength and durability
- Sleek, classic design available in chrome or satin nickel finish
High-Flo™ Pressure Balancing Shower Valve - Chrome = $360.80
High-Flo™ Pressure Balancing Shower Valve - Satin Nickel = $482.93
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "What is a pressure balancing valve?"
A. A pressure balancing faucet/valve adjusts to changing hot & cold water pressure - effectively maintaining a relatively consistent temperature and reducing the risk of accidental scalding from a sudden surge of water that is too hot.
Q. "Will these valves work with my existing fixtures?"
A.Although many of these valves are available with complete tub/shower systems, you do not have to purchase a new showerhead, hand shower, or tub spout to be able to use these valves. Note, however, that the Danze valves are designed to work with any of the shower trim kits they offer, so the trim kits are sold separately. All you have to do is choose your style and place the trim over your installed mixing valve.
return to top ↑