Easy-To-Install Vent Pipe Screens
Protect your plumbing system from unwanted items and debris with inexpensive pipe screens from PlumbingSupply.com®
! With their simple installation, range of sizes and paintable surface, these pipe screens guard against animals and other material from entering the pipe and clogging or blocking the flow, and are a great solution for protecting your plumbing. Looking for additional venting products? Click here
Vent Pipe Screens or Drainage Atrium Grates
Features of these pipe screens:
- Helps prevent costly plumbing repairs by restricting animals, debris, and foreign objects from entering your plumbing system
- Paintable to match your rooftop or vent pipe color or blend with your landscaping
- 1-1/2" and 2" pipe screen protectors (or atrium grates) fit Schedule 40 PVC or ABS fittings
- 3" and 4" pipe screen protectors (or atrium grates) fit Sewer and Drain pipe and fittings, Corrugated pipe and Triple Wall® high density triple bonded polyethylene pipe
- Ultraviolet inhibitor added for prolonged life span of product
- Used for roof venting or in landscape areas where leaves or other debris could clog a flat grate
- No glue required for installation
- Not for use for gas venting or any high-heat exhaust
- Great for the weekend Do-it-Yourself (DiY) project
- Available in 1-1/2", 2", 3" and 4" sizes
Rooftop Vent Pipe Screen Benefits
- why vent pipe guards are important to have -
These quality vent guards (shown above)
protect plumbing systems by preventing animals, bugs/insects, and debris like leaves from entering. The simple yet innovative design is great for a weekend Do-It-Yourself (DIY) project because no tools or glue are required. These vent screens can even be painted
to match your rooftop color.
Not having a vent screen on your rooftop can allow birds, insects, & other debris to enter your plumbing systems. Fixing clogged vents are a hassle and can result in expensive service calls. This can be prevented with these great rooftop vent pipe screens.
Lower quality vent screens can be unattractive and may not restrict all types of objects from entering your plumbing system. The innovated design on these new vent pipe screens not only restricts many types of foreign objects from entering your pipes, they also do not restrict airflow which means your plumbing system will vent freely without worry.
Pipe Sizing - Quick Reference
|Sch.40 PVC, ABS, Steel (black or galv.), Cast-iron
||Outside Diameter (O.D.)
|PVC Sewer and Drain Pipe (ASTM D2729)
||Outside Diameter (O.D.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "Do the vent pipe screens need to be glued in to the vent pipes?"
A. These vent pipe screens are designed to fit inside vent pipes snugly without gluing them, since they do not need to hold pressure. Some of these grates are made of HDPE and are unable to be solvent welded because the different plastic compositions are not compatible. We do offer PVC, ABS and CPVC glue for those who may have other fittings that need to be glued.
Q. "Can PVC and ABS be solvent welded together?"
A. No, unfortunately, they cannot. Solvent welding occurs when a liquid solvent is applied to both surfaces of two separate layers of plastic to be joined together. The solvent softens the plastic and allows the glue to penetrate into both layers so the two layers actually become one solid piece. Since PVC and ABS both have different plastic compositions, there is not a solvent made to combine or bond these two separate plastics together as one solid piece.
Please note: While we strive to ensure every product we label as "Made in the USA" really is 100% made in the USA, it is also important to understand that sometimes manufacturers make changes to their products, or for various reasons may receive components or materials that they would normally purchase domestically from an overseas supplier - and they don't necessarily let distributors (like us!) know that they've changed something about the product or where it is manufactured.
If you receive a product that PlumbingSupply.com® says is "Made in the USA" and the product states it was manufactured elsewhere, please contact us. We will happily replace or refund your purchase to your satisfaction.
return to top ↑