Trap seals are a necessity in drains that are infrequently used, whether or not trap seal primers are installed.
Trap seal primers can fail, but these trap seals can prevent dangerous sewer gases or insects and other pests from entering your building through your drain pipes. They are fast and easy to install without requiring any tools.
Green Drain Trap Seals
Keep bugs and odors inside your drain!
Green Drain 2", 3", 3-1/2" & 4" shown
This Green Drain™ trap seal features:
- One way valve action creates a seal to prevent dangerous sewer gases from leaking through the drain trap into the building
- Trap seal opens to allow water drainage and closes tight when water flow stops
- Aids in preventing the spread of bacteria that can escape from sewers causing potential health hazards
- Prevents pests such as flies, cockroaches and rodents from crawling up through floor and shower drains
- Eco-friendly, sanitary and chemical free solution to rarely used floor drains
- Continues to work after water traps dry up
- Simple solution to keep drain flies from entering a facility
- Installs in seconds as opposed to hours of installing or replacing a conventional trap primer
- Ultra violet resistant ABS plastic frame with a silicone rubber sealing flapper
- Four flexible sealing ribs keep the waterless trap seal firmly in place inside the drain
- Can be used in new construction or retro-fit application where trap primers were not installed
- Use with most 2", 3", or 4" floor drains and in 3-1/2" and 4" floor drain strainers
- Fit into drain openings having variations in size
- Green Drain™ trap seals comply with ASSE 1072-2007
SureSeal Inline Floor Drain Trap Sealer
Water goes in, odors stay out!
This floor drain trap seal features:
- Designed to prevent evaporation in the trap and prevent the escape of noxious and dangerous sewer gases
- Ideal for little-used drains, such as water heater drains, basement drains, guest bathroom drains, drains under laundry sinks
- Eliminates the need to repair/replace trap primers when they fail
- Designed to fit all manufacturer's standard floor drains
- Fast and easy to install - no special tools required!
- Acts as a one way valve so water goes in and the odors stay out
- It eliminates the time and effort of installing trap primers
- Great for new construction or retrofits
- Resistant to lime scale and microbiological growth
- Can be used with all 2", 3", and 4" floor drains and 3-1/2" and 4" floor drain strainers
- Meets ASSE 1072 plumbing code standard for all floors and all floor drain flow rates
Drain traps are designed to hold enough water to create a barrier that keeps sewer gases from escaping from the drain. When a drain isn't used regularly, that water can evaporate, allowing sewer gasses into your home or business. This low maintenance trap seal keeps sewer gasses from coming back up the drain without the hassle and expense of a trap primer, chemical additives, or remembering to add water to that "out-of-the-way" drain.
Related Items & Accessories
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "What is the purpose of a trap primer?"
A. Traps dry up (water evaporates) when they aren't used, causing sewer odors to enter the area served by that trap. Floor drains are the most common traps that aren't used on a regular basis.
Trap primers are devices that connect to a cold water line. It is installed in-line. Every time that cold water is used on that cold line, a small amount of water trickles down to the trap that is connected to the trap primer. The small trickle will keep the water seal from drying up.
Please note: While we strive to ensure every product we label as "Made in the USA" really is 100% made in the USA, it is also important to understand that sometimes manufacturers make changes to their products, or for various reasons may receive components or materials that they would normally purchase domestically from an overseas supplier - and they don't necessarily let distributors (like us!) know that they've changed something about the product or where it is manufactured.
If you receive a product that PlumbingSupply.com® says is "Made in the USA" and the product states it was manufactured elsewhere, please contact us. We will happily replace or refund your purchase to your satisfaction.
return to top ↑