Pipe Freezing Kits
The copper pipe freezing kit from Wheeler-Rex is one of the best in the industry. Save time and money with this easy-to-use, economical, innovative kit. PlumbingSupply.com® is your source for this and thousands of other plumbing-related products.
These innovative pipe freezing kits feature:
- Designed specifically for the professional plumber to make repairs easier and faster
- Rapidly forms an ice plug in static water lines so you don't have to drain down a system for repairs
- Ice plugs last 15 to 20 minutes and are easily renewed, giving you plenty of time to finish the job
- Kit includes jackets for double freezes - two of each size (3/8"-1/2", 5/8"-7/8", 1"-1-3/8", 1-5/8", and 2"-2-3/8")
- Easy-to-use scale is included to ensure economical operation
- Convenient carrying-case holds 2 bottles of Polar Spray (included) and makes it easy to bring along just in case
- No tools are required to set up and complete a freeze
- Polar Spray is non-toxic, non-flammable, and ozone friendly
Related Items & Accessories
return to top ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "What keeps the ice plug from shooting out when the pipe is cut into?"
A. So long as the walls of the pipe are at or below freezing, the ice plug inside will remain frozen even under high pressure. The jackets used in this kit help keep the pipe in that temperature range for 15-20 minutes on average, and the freeze can be quickly restored with another bottle.
Q. "I thought pipes burst when they're frozen?"
A. This is true, but only when the freezing takes place sporadically over time, causing a build-up of pressure throughout the pipe. Pipe freezing kits completely freeze a small area within minutes, guaranteeing the integrity of the pipe.
Copyright© 1995-2018 PlumbingSupply.com.
All Rights Reserved.
Copyright© 1995-2018 PlumbingSupply.com. All Rights Reserved.