Quick Connect Ice Maker Kit
by John Guest
Supply filtered water to the icemaker in your refrigerator quickly and easily! Many refrigerators offer the convenience of in-door ice makers and cold water dispensers, but not all have filtration built in. With this kit you can connect your drinking water filter to your refrigerator, enjoying the same clean, great tasting water in your ice cubes and water dispenser. This drinking water kit has a convenient built-in shutoff valve eliminating the need for a self-piercing valve.
John Guest Quick Connect Ice Maker Kit
- Installs in minutes onto existing plumbing
See installation examples
- Corrosion resistant materials, 2014 Federal Safe Drinking Water Act compliant
- Built in 1/4 turn shut-off valve allows you to service the application without interrupting water flow
- 25ft - 1/4" tubing
- 1ea 3/8" compression angle stop adapter
- 1ea 1/4" push-fit compression thread adapter for the refrigerator
Note: Some refrigerators require special fittings - refer to your refrigerators installation instructions
Now it is easier then ever to add a water line for ice makers, reverse osmosis set ups, filtration systems, automatic coffee brewers and many more appliances. Installation is so easy it can be completed in just a few minutes! The unique angle stop valve included with this kit connects between the supply valve and the riser, to the main water supply line. All parts included in this kit are suitable for use with potable water.
John Guest Quick Connect Ice maker Kit = $29.92
John Guest Locking Clip - 1/4" = $0.24
- Ideal for refrigerator icemakers and water dispensers, coffee makers, and other inline applications
- Ganular activated coconut carbon reduces chlorine taste & odor and bad taste and odor from water
- WICSA includes phosphate crystals to prevent lime/scale build-up
- 1/4" NPT (WIC)
- Quick-connect fittings on WICa, and WICSa
- Max temperature: 100°F
- Pressure rate to 125psi
• WIC: 3,000 gallons with estimated life of 12 months
• WICa: 3,900 gallons with estimated life of 12 months
• WICSa: 1,350 gallons with estimated life of 6 months
- These are by far the most asked for filters, but we do offer other refrigerator filters here
Model WICSa must be installed in the horizontal position (or the water might not flow through it)
Refrigerator Hook-Up Instructions
1. Thread the 1/4" push-fit compression adapter onto the refrigerator water supply, fully hand tighten, then tighten with a wrench one half turn. Do not over tighten.
NOTE: Some refrigerators require specialized fittings. Refer to the refrigerators installation instructions.
2. Determine the length of tubing required, allowing an extra six feet to be coiled behind the refrigerator. This will allow the refrigerator to be pulled away from the wall without stressing the tubing. Cut tubing square and ensure that the outside diameter is free of any score marks. Make a mark 5/8" from each end of tubing.
3. Push tubing into the fitting until the mark lines up with the face of the fitting.
4. Pull to check that the connection is secure.
Water Supply Hook-Up Instructions
5. Shut off the cold water supply at brass/chrome supply valve.
6. Disconnect the riser from the brass/chrome supply valve.
7. Ensure the sealing gasket is fully seated into the angle stop valve female thread.
8. Install and tighten the angle stop adapter valve on the supply valve.
9. Connect and tighten the riser to the angle stop adapter valve.
10. Mark the tubing 5/8" from end and fully insert the tubing into the Speedfit side of the valve.
11. Once all connections are made open the valves and check for leaks.
To disconnect ensure that the system is depressurized, push the collet square against the fitting. With the collet held in this position the tube can be removed.
Related Items & Accessories
"This level of customer service for an order this small is very rare, and indeed I had thought a thing of the past. ...Good customer service is hard to find these days, and your customer service was exceptional. I like your slogan too, 'under promise, over perform' very nice, hard to live up to, but you did just that....I can tell you that I will certainly be a repeat customer of PlumbingSupply.com®, and I will recommend your company to others whenever the opportunity arises."
- James Sawyer, Granger, Indiana 46530
Please note that every customer testimonial shown on our pages has given us written permission to quote them. Our customer's privacy is very important to us so we will never give, share or sell contact information or e-mail addresses to anyone!
return to top ↑