General Wire Flexi-Rooter 100®
Looking for the best solution for your unpleasant drain clearing predicament? PlumbingSupply.com®
offers the best selection of plumbing products on the Internet, and is a valuable source for helpful drain maintenance tips
. Plus, if you're looking for additional drain clearing products, our great selection of quality drain cleaning products
is sure to help you find the best tool for your project.
Flexi-Rooter 100® Drain Cleaner
This Flexi-Rooter 100® uses the latest flexible-shaft technology enabling faster spinning cutters to do their job more powerfully and faster. The flexible shaft is a rapidly rotating wire coil inside a protected sheath which allows rotation speeds of 2000 RPM or more which is greater than 10 times faster than normal drum machines.
- No spinning drum
- Flexible shaft rod spins more than 10 times faster than drum machines
- Flexible shaft wire coil rotates like a speedometer cable to achieve high rpm
- Moves easily through 2" lines, yet tough enough to cut roots in 4" drain lines
- After flexible shaft inserted into drain line, you can follow with a camera rod
- Variable speed, foot pedal operated, motor adjusts speed from 0 to 2200 rpm
- Special carbide tipped chain cutters rip through roots and scours pipe walls
- Let the cutter do the work. No need to force the flexible shaft into the drain line
- Combine the ClogChopper and the Carbide Tipped Chain Cutter together to bore through tough stoppages, shred obstructions and scour pipe walls clean. They're able to maneuver around tight bends and traps
- Flexible shaft coupler clamps securely without causing damage to the flexible shaft
- Safety built-in slip clutch protects you and flexible shaft (rod) should the cutter get jammed in a stoppage or forced into stoppage too quickly
- Flexible shaft (rod) is easily field repairable
- Heavy gauge steel frame with 10" semi-pneumatic tires
- 20 foot 3-wire power cord with in-line ground fault circuit interrupter
- 17" wide, 27" deep, 42" high, (31" high with handle folded)
- Manufacturers operating instructions
Related Items & Accessories
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "How do these cutter heads attach to the Flexible Shaft?"
A.The cutter heads for 5/16" Flexible Shaft (rod) use set screws on the cutters to tighten onto the leader.
Before attaching any cutter, first unplug the machine from the power source.
- For machines using 5/16" Flexible Shaft; Use the supplied Loctite® any time the set screws in a cutter are tightened onto a leader. Never use permanent thread locker. See manufacturer's website for proper use.
Attaching Chain Cutters:
- Before attaching leaders, chains or cutters, always be sure the machine is turned OFF and unplugged.
- Inspect the leader for damage. DO NOT use a leader if it is damaged.
- Loosen the set screws in the cutter so that the leader will pass through.
- Insert the leader into the cutter until it stops and tighten the set screws
- Make sure that at least 1/2" of shaft is exposed
- Slide the chain cutter and leader protector (when applicable) onto the leader.
- Slide one end of the chain cutter until it is flush with the end of the leader and tighten the set screws.
- While keeping the chains from twisting, slide the opposite end the of the chain cutter closer to or further away from the other end in order to achieve the desired cutting size and tighten the set screws.
- Make sure that at least 1/2" of shaft is exposed beyond the end of the chain cutter.
Q. "Can the ClogChoppers be used to remove polyester CIPP liner from the insides of drain pipes?"
A. The ClogChoppers were designed for clearing the drain to prepare for installation of liners such as CIPP (cured-in-place pipe liner). They have not been tested for cutting out drain liners themselves so the manufacuter does not recommend them as a suitable tool for removing these types of liners.
return to top ↑