AXION™ eyePOD™ Faucet Mounted Eyewash
Take safety to the next level with this clever, compact eye wash tool. When working around chemicals or products that can produce elements harmful to the eye, a full-size emergency eye wash station may not be practical or might take up too much space. An eyePOD™ is a great way to overcome this need as it provides an instant eye wash station when the eyes have been exposed to something harmful, and adds very little in the way of equipment to an office space or lab. A simple twist of the module changes the water flow from the aerator into the dual eye wash spouts, creating an instant, soothing flow of water to rinse out the eyes and reduce or eliminate irritation or damage.
AXION™ eyePOD™ Faucet Mounted Emergency Eyewash
These great AXION™ eyePOD™ faucet mounted eyewash units provide professional business facilities such as doctor and dentist offices, laboratories, educational facilities, and even private residences with AXION™ Medically Superior Response™ eyewashes in an attractive, low profile, low cost design. With the simple twist of the spout face front, your standard faucet becomes a thermally controlled AXION MSR™ eyewash. Another twist of the spout face, and the eyewash converts back to a standard faucet. How's that for convenience?
The eyePOD™ emergency eye wash unit features:
- Built-in thermostatic safety valve that will shut-off water flow to the eyewash spout if the temperature of the water exceeds 100°F (37°C) and divert all water out through the aerator at the bottom of the unit until the temperature drops to an acceptable degree
- Designed to install on most brands of faucets, these systems include 3 different aerator adapters to help make installation quick and easy
- Downward orientation of the eyewash nozzles keep them free of dust and debris accumulation when not in use
- The stainless steel construction is rugged enough for any industrial application, and the polished surface is cosmetically suited for any professional office setting
- Eyewash has zero vertical velocity and integral .9 GPM flow control
- Operating pressure is between 30 and 90 psi
- Click here for an image of the eyePOD™ installed on a sink faucet
- Click here for an example of someone flushing their eyes with the eyePOD™ system
An elegant solution to a common medical problem
The eyePOD™ faucet mounted eyewash system uses an exclusive, inverted flow pattern that is consistent with first aid protocols used by medical professionals. The eyewash flows mitigate the risk of inhalation or ingestion of hazardous contaminants during eye irrigation.
Medical profession teaches and practices irrigating eyes by introducing flushing fluid at the inner corner of the eye adjacent to the nose, letting it run across the eye to the outer edge. This is specifically done to avoid driving contaminants into the lacrimal punctum and the nasal cavity. The eyePOD™ eyewash system is the only faucet mounted eyewash that duplicates the methodology used and recommended by healthcare professionals.
How to operate the eyePOD™ eyewash system
Step 1: Ensure faucet is on and water is flowing from the aerator spout
Step 2: With the logo facing upward, the eyePOD™ will allow the faucet to function normally
Step 3: Rotate the face of the eyewash one half turn in any direction to expose the eyewash spouts
Step 4: Once the eyewash spouts are pointing up, the unit will activate flow from the eyewash
Step 5: Thoroughly flush eyes for 15 minutes to reduce the risk of injury to eyes
7620 Faucet Mounted eyePOD™ Emergency Eyewash = $223.23
Related Items & Accessories
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. "Where would I use one of the eyePOD™ eyewash systems?"
A. The eyePOD™ is ideal for any application where eye safety is of the utmost importance and the eyes of any person may be exposed to injurious or corrosive materials. The product provides quick flushing and cleansing of the eyes and can be installed within the work area for immediate emergency use. The eyePOD™ is perfect for professional business facilities, such as doctor and dentist offices, laboratories, educational facilities, and consumer home use.
Q. "How do I know if I need emergency equipment?"
A. Emergency drench showers and eye/face wash stations are required in any environment where someone may be exposed to corrosive materials. As always, we recommend that you consult with the appropriate local OSHA and code personnel for more information on your particular installation.
return to top ↑