Plumbing Related Standards Groups
PlumbingSupply.com® is pleased to offer this and other pages that provide information on plumbing products or the installation and/or care of many of the products offered on our site.
ISO||International Standard Organization|
- A worldwide standards coordinating organization. An internationally recognized certification for manufacturers that comply with high standards of quality control. Developed standards ISO-9000 through ISO-9004.
|IAPMO||International Association of Plumbing & Mechanical Officials|
- Qualifies and lists products suitable for use in plumbing installations.
|ASSE||American Society of Sanitary Engineering|
- Develops standards and qualifies products for plumbing and sanitary installations.
|NSF||National Sanitation Foundation|
- A non-profit organization best known for its role in developing standards for equipment, products and services. Many standards govern products for residential use.
|AGA||American Gas Association|
- Develops standards, tests and qualifies products used in gas lines and gas appliance installations.
|CGA||Canadian Gas Association|
- Canadian Association that develops standards, tests and qualifies products used in gas lines and gas appliance installations.
- Tests and qualifies valve and fitting products under UL standards for safety.
- Develops standards and qualifies products for use by the general public.
|AWWA||American Water Works Association|
- Promotes public health through improvement of the quality of water. Develops standards for valves, fittings and other equipment.
|ADA||American Disability Act|
- Assures that products fully comply with the provisions of the act to ensure equal access for physically challenged users.
|ASME||American Society of Mechanical Engineers|
- Develops standards for materials and testing as well as finished products.
|ASTM||American Society for Testing of Materials|
- Develops standards for materials, products, systems and services.
|ANSI||American National Standards Institute|
- Organization that coordinates the work amongst U.S. Standards writing groups. Works in conjunction with other groups such as ISO, ASME, ASTM, etc.
|MSS||Mechanical Standardization Society of the Valve and Fittings Industry, Inc.|
- A committee of manufacturers that develops technical codes and standards for the Valve & Fitting industry.