The use of a sand filter (separator) may save you money over time by possibly extending the life of your regular water filters and water heater. They may also prevent sand from depositing in your plumbing lines. Lakos is a leader in the sand filtration industry and PlumbingSupply.com® is your source for Lakos products.
|SandMAX -- Centrifugal-Action Sand Separators for Residential Water Well Systems
||This sand separation system features:
- Removes sand, silt & grit particles that settle in water within three minutes or less
- Protects entire water systems from abrasive wear, clogging and premature replacement
- Protects sprinkler nozzles from wear and clogging
- Extends the life & operating cycles of water softeners, under-sink R.O. systems & water treatment/cartridge systems
- Eliminates build-up in hot water heaters, ice-makers, toilet tanks and other water-related appliances
- Minimizes clogging of washing machine inlet screens and faucet aerators/screens
- Cleaner water for all your residential fresh water requirements
- Corrosion-free plastic construction
- Models for flow rates of 5-20 gpm
- Includes automatic purge valve
- Limited 5 years manufacturer's warranty
|Weight w/ Water
* Caution: Do not size unit by pipe size (see below)
Maximum System Pressure: 100 psi
Maximum Temperature: 125° F
System Height (from top of outlet to bottom of hose): 36 inches
Separator Body - Polyethylene plastic
Automatic Valve - Glass-filled nylon
Manual Valve - PVC plastic
Fittings - Schedule 80 PVC
Hose - Clear; reinforced PVC
|How to Determine Sizing
|Each SandMaster model operates best within a specific flow range. Do not simply use your system pipe size. To determine your pump's actual flow rate:
If you have a valve between the pump and the pressure tank, open it fully and record the volume of water in one minute to determine gallons or liters per minute.
If you have no valve, follow these simple steps:
- Immediately after your pump shuts off, open faucet between pressure tank and house (make sure no other water is running), run water into a container and record the Volume (gallons or liters) of water it takes for pump to start up again. (You may have to refill container several times)
- Record length of Time (in minutes) pump runs before shutting off again.
- Divide Volume by Time to determine actual flow rate (gpm).
- Select your SandMaster model accordingly.
Please note: While we strive to ensure every product we label as "Made in the USA" really is 100% made in the USA, it is also important to understand that sometimes manufacturers make changes to their products, or for various reasons may receive components or materials that they would normally purchase domestically from an overseas supplier - and they don't necessarily let distributors (like us!) know that they've changed something about the product or where it is manufactured.
If you receive a product that PlumbingSupply.com® says is "Made in the USA" and the product states it was manufactured elsewhere, please contact us. We will happily replace or refund your purchase to your satisfaction.