To remember what a "double dog dare" is, read on..........
......and please do remember that the perfect age is somewhere between old enough to know better
and young enough not to care.
Do you remember?
1. Candy cigarettes
2. Wax coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water inside.
3. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles.
4. Coffee shops with table-side juke boxes
5. Blackjack, Clove and Teaberry chewing gum
6. Home milk delivery in glass bottles, with cardboard stoppers
7. Party lines
8. Newsreels before the movie
9. P. F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbers with a word prefix ... (Drexel 5505)
14. 45 RPM Records (or even 78's)
15. Green Stamps
17. Metal ice cube trays-with levers
18. Mimeograph paper
19. Blue flash Bulbs
20. Beanie and Cecil
21. Roller skate keys
22. Cork pop guns
23. Drive ins
25. Wash tub wringers
26. The Fuller Brush man
27. Reel-to-reel tape recorders
29. The Erector Set
30. The Fort Apache Playset
31. Lincoln Logs
32. 15 cent McDonald hamburgers
33. 5 cent packs of baseball cards...with that awful pink slab of bubblegum
34. Penny candy
35. 35 cent-a-gallon gasoline
A TIME WHEN ...
Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-mo."
Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming "do over!"
"Race issue" meant arguing about who ran the fastest.
Catching the fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening.
It wasn't odd to have two or three "best" friends.
The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was "cooties".
Having a weapon in school meant being caught with a slingshot.
A foot of snow was a dream come true.
Saturday morning cartoons weren't 30-minute ads for action figures.
"Oly-oly-oxen-free" made perfect sense.
Spinning around, getting dizzy, and falling down was cause for giggles.
The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team.
War was a card game.
Water balloons were the ultimate weapon.
Baseball cards in the spokes transformed any bike into a motorcycle.
Taking drugs meant orange-flavored chewable aspirin.
If you can remember most or all of these, then you have lived!!!!
Pass this on to anyone who may need a break from their "grown up life...."
I double dog dare ya.